Business Development Director
About this position
Work with the 8th Light team to develop relationships in the community.
As a Director of Business Development you will bring expertise and passion for acquiring new clients and have proven success in prospecting, sales pitches, strategic planning and general business development. You are a sales hunter who can tell a compelling story to technical leaders (VP Engineering, CTO, CIO, Project Managers), using your influence and skills at relationship building.
This leader will have ownership of a portfolio of existing clients. They will also have new business targets that they will need to meet through outbound sales efforts. They will report to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, and will collaborate with them to meet the company’s sales goals.
- Identify new business opportunities and conduct consultative sales calls to targeted customers.
- Define and execute account sales plans and exceed sales goals through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities.
- Actively cultivate 8th Light’s profile in the community via coordinating outreach activities.
- Own the sales process from prospecting through signature, including persistent recontacting strategy.
- Reliable weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales pipeline and forecast management.
- Establish and grow relationships with key decision-makers and influencers within customer and prospect base including C-suite executives.
- Build relationships with 8th Light’s Directors and Project Leads to ensure the required support levels are obtained to close sales and deliver on projects.
- Build strong networks and relationships to facilitate sales growth.
- Maintain fluency in current and emerging technologies, trends and products.
- Travel to customer locations in support of the sales process as necessary (25% - 40% travel).
- Maintain consistent communications with existing customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Be a trusted and valued partner of the client stakeholders and team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Collaborative, team player who can adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Strong relationship builder as a trusted advisor to clients.
- Consistent track record of exceeding large annual quotas.
- Ability to sell across an organization by finding the right stakeholders and effectively bringing them through the sales process to make a timely buying decision.
- Self-motivated, driven with leadership qualities.
- Open to feedback and coaching.
- Dynamic presentation skills, along with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong analysis, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Ability to handle difficult conversations with tact and respect.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Minimum 10 years experience selling software and/or consulting services.
8th Light is an equal opportunity employer.