About this position
Share your expertise with a community of software crafters.
At 8th Light we consider software development a craft. Our team of expert developers and designers hold the title of "Crafter" to reflect our commitment to quality, our emphasis on continual learning, and our belief that software is truly a craft - something that we take pride in and pay great attention to.
We hold each other to the highest standards; and when we join a project, clients know what they're getting with 8th Light. It's not just our excellent team of dedicated professionals that sets us apart, but also our approach to delivering software and our roles as technical consultants.
We enjoy working with people who are empathetic, who are passionate about teaching and learning, and who value the work they do. If this approach to software development resonates with you, we'd love to talk.
A Technical Expert is a recognized specialist in a specific domain of software development, in addition to their generalist skill set that allows them to quickly ramp up on any project. This individual typically possesses the following skills and traits:
- Has shared their technical specialty publicly via articles and blog posts, books, and/or speaking engagements.
- Has provided mentorship and demonstrated expertise through leadership roles.
- Strong communication skills.
The following are expectations of a Technical Expert:
- Advise project leaders on technical approaches to problems, while mentoring Crafter IIs in their area of expertise.
- Speak and write in their area of expertise, and contribute to related open-source projects.
- Participate in highly technical sales calls and identify new business opportunities.