Technical Recruiting Leader
About this position
Who we are:
8th Light’s team of developers and designers highly values quality and continual learning. We take a human-centered approach to software development. We are a team of polyglot generalists - thinkers and doers ready to take on most any challenge that we encounter. We are seeking a teammate that is friendly, organized, outgoing and passionate about building communities and growing teams. The Technical Recruiting Leader will be responsible for engaging with the professional technical communities we service in order to establish a network for successful long term recruitment strategies. You will own the recruiting strategy for all senior hires in our organization as we grow our global footprint in both the US and Europe.
Who you are:
To grow our community, we are seeking a full-time Technical Recruiting Leader to connect with and recruit designers, developers, architects and more to join the biggest initiatives in our global community.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with 8th Light staff to build and manage a working network of developers and technical professionals inside and outside of our immediate community.
- Advise on all aspects of the interview and hiring process. This includes coaching our teams on job expectations, interview processes, trainings and hiring decisions.
- Drive a positive candidate experience throughout the entire process - from the initial point of contact, through the interview and offer stages, and start date.
- Assist in matching developers according to experience and skill set in team-building for specific opportunities within 8th Light.
- Connect with the technical communities globally to evangelize 8th Light’s mission to improve the quality of software around the world through team and craft.
How you got where you are today:
- 5+ years of experience working with technology and creative communities of professionals.
- Proven conference strategy and event execution.
- A knowledge of the technology conference scene and communities supporting it in the United States and Europe.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be working directly with the executive team and interfacing with developers, artists, and other professionals on a daily basis.
- Drive. You don't need close supervision to be productive.