About this position
Lead teams of crafters in delivering quality solutions to our clients.
Do you want an opportunity to work with top companies solving interesting business challenges through technology? Do you want a job where you will face new challenges every single day and have continual opportunities to learn and teach while being surrounded by enthusiastic and energizing coworkers? Do you want to work in a supportive environment where curiosity is rewarded? Then talk to us!
At 8th Light we consider software development a craft. Our team of expert developers and designers hold the title of "Crafter" to reflect our dedication to quality, our emphasis on continual learning, and our belief that software is truly a craft - something that we take pride in, and value highly.
Our projects are led by Directors. These experienced professionals lead project delivery and ensure that we help our clients' businesses thrive by solving problems that help them meet their goals.
You've worked professionally in the software consulting industry for many years, and are comfortable leading several large teams of developers and being the main contact for clients. You have experience:
- Developing positive relationships with clients.
- Coordinating several concurrent engagements in the delivery of quality software.
- Mentoring others in project leadership and agile methodologies.
- Facilitating effective communication with internal teams, clients and partners.
- Running complex projects.
Expectations of a Director
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Developing 8th Light employees in a matrixed organization, mentoring directly and serving as a mentor to those who mentor others.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key client personnel.
- Finding ways to leverage 8th Light’s capabilities to tackle the clients’ business needs.
- Partnering with the sales team to create and deliver proposals to prospective clients.
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time and meet client expectations.
About 8th Light
We hold each other to the highest standards; and when we join a project, clients know what they're getting with 8th Light. It's not just our excellent team of dedicated professionals that sets us apart, but also our approach to delivering software and our roles as technical consultants.
We enjoy working with people who are empathetic, who are passionate about teaching and learning, and who value the work they do. If this approach to software development resonates with you, we'd love to talk.
8th Light is an equal opportunity employer.