About this position
Rejuvenate your career with software craftsmanship.
At 8th Light we consider software development a craft. Our team of expert developers and designers hold the title of "Crafter" to reflect our commitment to quality, our emphasis on continual learning, and our belief that software is truly a craft - something that we take pride in and pay great attention to.
A Lead Crafter has worked as a professional software developer and is proficient in multiple programming languages. This individual typically possesses the following skills and experience before joining 8th Light:
- Has shipped high-quality code as part of a team.
- Very proficient with Test-Driven Development and agile methodologies.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Avid learner. Highly driven to improve their skills.
- Has successfully completed several projects.
Expectations of a Lead Crafter
In this role, expectations include:
- Leading teams in client engagements, acting as the primary day-to-day client contact, keeping them updated about project progress and timing and proactively addressing issues.
- Properly setting team expectations for self as well as for team members.
- Mentoring and supporting team members.
- Identifying project opportunities inside current client and personal network and communicates them to sales team.
- Representing 8th Light in the software community, sharing knowledge by blogging and speaking.
Joining 8th Light
We are fully committed to building the best team and providing continuous learning to our Crafters. One of the ways we demonstrate this commitment is through our apprenticeship program. Every Crafter begins their time at 8th Light with a period of customized, focused learning. This apprenticeship provides even the most experienced software developers with the opportunity to hone their skills, delve into new technologies and become a better consultant.
About 8th Light
We hold each other to the highest standards; and when we join a project, clients know what they're getting with 8th Light. It's not just our excellent team of dedicated professionals that sets us apart, but also our approach to delivering software and our roles as technical consultants.
We enjoy working with people who are empathetic, who are passionate about teaching and learning, and who value the work they do. If this approach to software development resonates with you, we'd love to talk.