Business Development Director
About this position
8th Light is looking for an experienced sales leader who is passionate about acquiring new client relationships and nurturing those relationships so they grow and expand over time. Do you have proven success in prospecting, sales pitches, strategic planning and general business development? Have you grown accounts from one small project into mutually beneficial multi-year relationships? If you’d like to bring these skills to a dynamic, growing mid-sized software consultancy, we should talk.
In this role you will have annual sales and client satisfaction targets. You will meet these through:
- Managing a portfolio of existing clients: understanding their business needs, ensuring client satisfaction and uncovering and acting on opportunities for relationship expansion.
- Maintaining consistent communication with customers and prospects, involving technical team members as needed to address concerns.
- Managing a pipeline of opportunities, leveraging client data/analytics to plan and prioritize activities within large portfolios.
- Leveraging lead sources to identify opportunities and develop and implement outreach plans.
- Utilizing consultative selling/negotiation skills to identify client needs.
- Positioning 8th Light services to meet specific client needs and soliciting feedback about the value of proposed solutions.
- Appropriately tracking prospect data to ensure a coordinated and consistent client experience, in alignment with compliance and internal partner business requirements.
- Travelling as needed to build strong relationships with clients and prospects (up to 25%).
- Effectively identifying client and prospect needs, partnering with internal technical support and subject matter experts as needed to configure solutions that address client requirements and deliver value.
Skills and Experience
You have a track record of finding new clients and growing existing relationships. You can speak technology to laymen and experts, and are a closer. You:
- Overcome objections and resistance to proposed solutions with key client decision makers and mobilizes them to action.
- Demonstrate a competitive, positive, “driven” attitude, quickly adapting to different situations, and recovering from setbacks with a positive, tenacious attitude.
- Proactively focus on results, outcomes, and achievements.
- Have excellent sales skills, 7 years minimum (experience with the “Challenger Sale” process helpful) including selling consulting services.
- Understand at a tactical level market/industry key competitors, challenges, terminology, technology, trends, and regulations.
- Have strong business and financial acumen, including an understanding of business financials and the ability to create a financial business case.
Base salary plus incentives based on:
- Current client expansion and satisfaction.
- New client revenue.
8th Light is an equal opportunity employer.