Director of Software Services
About this position
Help create a healthy and productive work environment to support our crafters.
At 8th Light we consider software development a craft. Our team of expert developers and designers hold the title of "Crafter" to reflect our commitment to quality, our emphasis on continual learning, and our belief that software is truly a craft - something that we take pride in and pay great attention to.
A Director of Software Services has worked professionally in the software industry for many years and is comfortable managing several large teams of developers. This individual typically possesses the following skills and traits:
- Highly-skilled, experienced software developer.
- Ability to oversee several engagements in the delivery of quality software.
- Comfortable mentoring others in project leadership and agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and desire to build relationships.
Expectations of a Director of Software Services
In this role, expectations include:
- Oversee project delivery and assure client satisfaction for multiple large engagements.
- Work with the sales team to provide technical support and develop marketing strategies.
- Manage and develop 8th Light employees, serving as a mentor to those who mentor others.
About 8th Light
We hold each other to the highest standards; and when we join a project, clients know what they're getting with 8th Light. It's not just our excellent team of dedicated professionals that sets us apart, but also our approach to delivering software and our roles as technical consultants.
We enjoy working with people who are empathetic, who are passionate about teaching and learning, and who value the work they do. If this approach to software development resonates with you, we'd love to talk.