About this position
8th Light is a software consultancy that believes in well-constructed teams. The members of our project teams are a diverse group of individuals who possess a range of experience, skill levels, and specialties. We prize learning and craft our engagements to ensure our software engineers and designers are constantly teaching and learning on every project, every day. We work with clients of all sizes in many different industries, on a variety of projects, and continually are fielding new requests for teams.
The Staffing Manager keeps our business running. You understand what’s needed to deliver excellence to our clients, and can match those needs with the skills and interests of our team. You are great at puzzles and thinking two steps ahead. You can play out what might happen if you shift a person from one project to another, and present a range of options.
- Schedule teams as client projects arise.
- Plan for transitions and rotations.
- Understand project needs, forecast.
- Create and maintain inventory of staff members’ experience, skills and interests.
- Work with leadership team/recruiter to determine hiring needs.
- Manage contractor network.
- Own staffing tool set, ensuring data integrity.
- Create and distribute utilization reports.
- Ensure optimal utilization minimizing downtime.
- Own the time tracking process.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Able to juggle needs of many parties at once.
- Sufficient technical background to understand the different roles and skill sets involved in our organization.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Not afraid to ask questions.
8th Light is an equal opportunity employer.